Updated Thursdays... and sometimes more!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Your friend is a jerk....

Ah, my good friend left the guild yesterday!

I logged on ready to head to Icecrown and help Jania escape the Lich King in the Halls of Reflection - and noticed his name wasn't on my guild list. I wasn't able to get the full story (too bad, because Girly Pally kind of likes to hear about drama) because he's been very quiet lately and my new all-business-all-the-time guild wasn't telling, but an officer confirmed it was a /gquit, and promised that he didn't /gkick my friend.

Girly Pally has run with this guy since Westfall - yes, Westfall. We've borrowed gold from each other, farmed Blood Furnace a million times, he was there when I hit 80, and I followed him when I left both my previous guilds. In Azeroth, we're tight... and outside of Azeroth, I like to think we're friends too.

But as much as I like him - dude is drama. He's a yeller ("WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME!!!!!!!"), he's emotional, he's moody - and he's funny, generous, and kicks serious butt as tank and dps on his three 80s.

So what's a girly pally to do?

In my previous guilds there was a fair amount of eye rolling, /whisper It's just him... and letting things be. The drama has always been worth it to Girly Pally, who likes to get to know people as individuals as well as tank, heal, or dps.

Still... it's a little embarassing to feel like you have to apologize for your friend, or walk on eggshells around him.

Does anyone else have someone like this they WoW with - or even hang with in RL? What do you recommend??

No comments:

Post a Comment